Effective May 15, 2015
1. Scope of this Policy
This Policy is intended for users in the United States. Non-U.S. users may be governed by privacy policies applicable to the countries in which they reside. By providing us with information identified in this Policy, non U.S. users acknowledge and explicitly consent to (1) the transfer of information to servers located in the United States, and (2) our use and disclosure by us or our affiliated companies of your information consistent with this Policy.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under 13. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact the contact person identified below.
2 . Personal and Non-Personal Information
Personal information that Amy’s Kitchen may collect is information that, on its own, or in combination with other information, can identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number and billing information. Non-personal information is information that does not identify you, but can include information about your Internet connection, the computer you use to access our website and usage details.
3. Information That You Provide Us Directly
The information we collect from you on our website may include:
- information that you provide to subscribe to Amy’s newsletter or to enter into a contest or promotion;
- copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you communicate with us electronically;
- your responses to rating, satisfaction or other surveys or requests for optional demographic-type information;
- details regarding purchases you make online, including financial information (such as your credit card number), and details related to fulfilling your orders (such as your delivery address);
- your search queries on our website; and
- information that you provide when you apply for a job.
4. Other Ways We Collect Information From You
We collect certain information through automatic data collection technologies including as follows:
- Web beacons/clear gifs, which are small electronic files that allow us to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users and to track when and which emails we send you are opened.
- Analytics tools, which collect information sent by your browser that let us know which pages you visit on our website. You may opt out of this tracking here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. We do not link non-personal information with personal information. We use this non-personal information in an aggregate way to monitor usage and improve our website. These tools do not contain any personally identifiable information such as your name or email address.
- Heat Mapping and recordings (Hotjar Ltd.) services are used to display the areas of a page where Users most frequently move the mouse or click. This shows where the points of interest are. These services make it possible to monitor and analyze web traffic and keep track of User behavior.
- Some of these services may record sessions and make them available for later visual playback.
- Hotjar is a tool that aggregates data on how visitors to our site use are using it.
- Examples of the type of information collected include, but is not limited to, pages visited, how pages are used and interacted with, type of device and browser used and the country you are in.
5. How We Use Your Information
When you give or make available information to us, we use it in the ways for which you have given us permission, such as to subscribe to our newsletter or to purchase our products. We use the statistical data we collect to customize content for you, to improve our website and to enhance the products and services we provide.
We do not sell or share personal information to third parties except to help us deliver the products or services that you have requested, and those third parties must agree not to disclose your information to others or use it for any unrelated purpose. Despite our Policy, we must also comply with applicable laws and may be compelled to disclose your information to the extent we are legally required to do so. We may also disclose your personal information in the event of a transfer of ownership, assets or bankruptcy of Amy’s Kitchen.
6. How We Protect Your Information
We take precautions to protect your personal information once we have it. We have measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. All payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
7. California Do Not Track Notice
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. We do not track your personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any personal information from you on the websites for these purposes. (Please refer to “Analytics tools” under Section 4. for certain opt out information from a major data analytics provider.)
8. Links to Other Websites
Our website(s) may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these unaffiliated websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each such other website that collects personal information from you.
Our website(s) may also have “plugins”” (such as the Facebook “Like” button) to third-party sites or offer login features (such as login with Facebook) through a third-party account. Third-party plugins and login features, including their loading, operation and use, are governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties providing them.
9. Changes to this Policy
We may need to change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post a notice on our webpage. Your continued use of this website after the effective date of the change notice will mean you accept any such changes. To ensure you are reviewing the most current version of this Policy, we will post the effective date at the top of the page.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact:
Amy’s Kitchen, Inc.
PO Box 449,
Petaluma, CA 94953
Phone: 707-781-7535 Fax: 707-578-7995